Nalli Nihari Recipe
This famous ramazan recipe is a delight to eat and made in almost all muslim households during the festival time. Nalli Nihari recipe uses special meat wich you can easily buy in the market by asking specifically for it. It uses mutton shanks basically. Ingredients For Nalli Nihari Recipe
Recipe type: Non veg
- 500gms -1 kg Mutton shanks (quantity depends on servings required)
- 3 chopped onions
- 2 tbsp Maida
- Whole spices: Bay leaves (2), a cinnamon stick, 2-3 cardamoms / moti elaichi, 3-4 cloves, 2tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ¼ tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) and mace (javitri)
- Spices: 2 tbsp nalli nihari masala powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp aniseeds (sounf), ½ tsp black salt, 2 tsp garam masala, Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Cooking Oil
- For Garnishing:
- ¼ tsp rose water, ¼ tsp kewda water, chopped coarinader leaves, a small piece of ginger (thinly sliced), 2 green chillies (chopped), a Lemon (sliced)
- Boil the meat until it is tender and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add all the whole spices. Once the seeds begin to crackle, add onions and fry till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another 2 mins till the paste loses it’s rawness.
- Now add all the powdered spices and a cup of water. Let it boil.
- Now add the yoghurt and meat and stir well. Cook for 15 mins.
- Add 2 cups water, nalli nihari masala powder and cook again for 10mins till gravy takes on a thicker consistency.
- Granish with rose water, kewda water, chooped coarinader leaves, ginger slices, chopped green chillies, lemon slices.
- Nalli Nihari recipe goes well with naan or kulcha or rice.