BESAN LADOO RECIPE
Besan Ladoo is one of the most popular Indian sweet recipes that are generally prepared at home during festivals and prayers. Of all the varieties of Ladoos like Boondi Ladoo, Coconut Ladoo, Dry Fruits Ladoo, the Besan Ladoo is the most lasting one. and of course the ever favorite Besan Ladoo. The latter is easy to prepare and remains good for many days. Check out besan ladoo recipe below
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 kg besan (gram flour)
- 700 grams Sugar (best to use powdered sugar as it dissolves quickly)
- 1 tbsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- ½ kg Ghee / Clarified butter
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Roast besan in hot ghee till it turns golden brown. The aroma of roasted besan is unmistakable.
- Keep roasted besan aside till it cools down a little.
- To warm besan, add sugar and elaichi powder. Mix well.
- Tip: If the mixture becomes too hard and you’re not able to shape it into balls, mix a bit of milk. If you are a vegan, add almond milk instead of dairy milk.
- Take the mixture in your hands and shape even sized ladoos.
- Your delicious Besan Ladoo recipe is ready to be served! Get set for compliments during Diwali, Puja & gatherings!